Monday, July 21, 2008

Catching Up

Here's a rundown of a few wines from the past two weeks.

-First I opened the 2002 Chateau Lascombes from Margaux at Doyle's Bastille Day function. As those near and dear to me know, the greatest wine I ever had was the 1988 Chateau Margaux, and since have found a deep appreciation for the clarets from Margaux. Margaux' tend to be lighter and have more finesse than the big and powerful wines of the Paulliac. The Lascombes needed some time in the glass to really open up, but once it did it was killer. Smooth and sumptuous, like a good kiss. The finish seemed endless and lingered like a fine perfume. I simply adored it.

-Next was a affordable Australian Shiraz that I honestly can't remember the name of. That's the first time that's happened to me. I am shock. I am so disappointed in my self that I may quit blogging. It was solid for the $7.99 price tag but nothing spectacular. A little harsh on the palate but a smoother finish than expected. I still can't believe I forgot it's name!

-Finally, we opened the 2004 Argyle Willamette Valley Reserve Pinot Noir at Rob's the other night. Another wine that took a few minutes to open up in the glass but was outstanding.
Better than I remember when we tasted at Argyle back in 2006. Lovely floral aromas and I picked up hints of cherry and oak. Also, a screw top that we let age for a few years. I deem the experience a success.

I got it! McWilliam's Shiraz!!! Guess this means I'll have to keep blogging. Till next time..."Never show anyone. They'll beg you and they'll flatter you for the secret, but as soon as you give it up... you'll be nothing to them."--???

2 comments:

Amanda said...

Ooh - that's from one of the magic movies that came out right near eachother. I think it was the one with Christian Bale, not the one with Edward Norton and Jessica Biel's hooorible accent

Anonymous said...

Yeah, that quote was pretty easy....from "The Prestige."

Katie