Sunday, November 16, 2008

Wineaux and Boozehound

Those are my ever affectionate new nicknames for our two dogs. Yes, you read that right, TWO dogs. The newest edition to the Felty house is a spry little year and a half old pup named Stella. So while Sonoma's namesake is a Valley known for it's bright and bombastic Zinfandels, character driven Cabernets, and enticing Pinot Noirs, we simply couldn't find the right wine themed name for our little Greyhound (or possibly whippet) blend. I had asked my students for some name suggestions on Friday, and one student said Stella would be a nice name. My intentions to name her that were only reaffirmed when paired with the fact that Stella Artois is quite simply one of my favorite beers. As soon as we where in the car with our newest adopted canine, I asked Katie, "What do you think of the name Stella?" She immediately responded, "I was thinking the same thing, like Stella Artois!" After that there was no debating any longer. Sonoma the wineaux and Stella the boozehound. How about you, what are some of your favorite alcohol related names for pets?

3 comments:

Amy W. said...

When I saw "Wineaux and Boozehound" I thought maybe you were referring to me and Amanda.

Unknown said...

STELLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!

Amanda said...

I thought you were referring to the trifecta as well. But I love Stella!